Friday, February 12, 2010

valentine's day

History of valentine's day in my life is not very old. I first encounter with the word 'valentine's day' was when I was in class 8th or 10th. At home we used to bring a hindi local new paper 'Amar Ujala', and during February, they used to publish lots of articles on 'Valentine's day'. For months I wondered what is it? and who is Valentine? The only thing I knew about this day was that it is related to love, and couples 'THE FORBIDDEN WORDS'.

That time I did not have luxury of google to search more about it, but gradually I learnt that this day is to celebrate love with boyfriend/girlfriend or with husband/wife if love still exists ;). The concept was charming but of course forbidden, love ??? bf???? no way!!!!

After few year, during my undergrad studies, I enjoyed more and more freedom, but just the freedom to have a bf is not enough, one should actually HAVE bf (or gf). And every time when this day came, me and my friends used to get frustrated more. Lucky or unlucky, but in my gang, we were all single, though I have lots of 'boy' friends however no 'boy friend'. All four years we craved for love but none of us got their destination.

I remember my last vday at ISM, it was final year, and not a single person gifted me a single rose, in four year. Poor me!! I decided, this time, no matter what I ll have rose, okay no red rose, but I can at lease have yellow rose of friendship. And I was proud of my friends. I asked my close friend Mr. A to gimme a yellow rose. You can now think how desperate I was to get a rose!!! But I was, no doubt!! and rather I ordered him to gimme a rose otherwise I am gonna screw him badly, and every one knew my anger. Just a yellow rose yaar, not a big deal.

Whole day I waited, my rose did not come, in the evening, finally I decided to go to library to bring out my frustration on books. At the library entrance, my poor friend got caught. He looked at me from a distance and looking at his face I could guess, he had completely forgotten about the rose. There was only one way out from library and he literally had no option except to face me. To my surprise, he smiled, and waved a 'hi'. I felt so relieved, 'he remembered!!'. Such a nice friend I have.

Before I could ask for my rose shamelessly, he started "Hi, how are you, sorry could not call you, you know me right, whole day i was in bad mood coz of Miss xxx".

I sighed 'yeah, yeah, I know same story every where, broken hearts!!! ... So?'.

He continued, " I am very sorry, I could not bring what you have asked, but never mind I have something yellow for you and for our friendship...' and his hand came forward from back.

I looked at his hands, and in a moment, I felt to break his head into small small pieces.

It was 'genda fool' he plucked from library's 'so called' garden. GENDA, on a valentine!!!! wo bhi tab jab maine khud hi jake manga ........ kya yaar koi ik rose bhi nai de sakta ... not even yellow rose .... buhuhuhu... ;P

After that, whole evening I fought with him and made his life hell for couple of days. :) As I said, I have very nice friends. They tolerate me all the time.

So this was story of ISM, after ISM, in 2007 Valentine's, I had already met Chand. Though, he had not proposed me, but I knew he likes me a lot. For the first time I got rose and gift as well. I was happy to some extent that at least now I ll not die without a rose gift on Valentine. Since then, every Valentine, I get surprise gifts, roses, cake, candle light dinner, everything.

Guys, whether you have bf/gf or you just have friends, every day is special and we should enjoy it as it comes. Life is not always good or always bad, it has all flavors. Enjoy this Valentine with your loved ones. Wish you all a very happy Valentine's day. :)








8 comments:

  1. Poor Mr.A., He still recounts the nightmare of that day with us... :D Anyway the good thing is, now you have got everything you ever wanted...so its time to help others to get that as well lah! Samjhe Moti! Happy Valentine's day lah!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice write-up .. though never knew so many feelings were behind the rose requirement ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey i liked it really...............happy valentine's day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice story. Clearly depicts that Valentine is so important in terms of gifts,Cakes and ROSES.

    Happy Valentines Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks guys, thanks for your encouraging words... hope you all have enjoyed the day :)...
    @ amrit: actually its not rose what is memorable, its our fight and whatever happened after 'genda fool' makes me laugh :)... cheers ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi this is really nice where Love falls from every side coz these dayz evry thng u got but for love no buddy has the time. So thanx for that

    ReplyDelete