Friday, May 22, 2009

If you can solve maths numericals, you can do anything!!!!

My husband loves whatever I cook. My friends say your hands have 'taste' for whatever you cook is tasty. I cant believe it that I can cook!!! really !!!

When I was young, I used to love maths, specially numerical. Quite abnormal !!! Because in my class, girls were so scared of maths and all those subjects which has numerical problems: Physics and Chemistry as well. I think I could have solved maths because of my mom's faith. Her faith in me. Her faith in her daughter, in her dreams which she decided to fulfill through me, her beloved daughter, her meaning of life.

She nurtured me for 17 years, protecting from everything, covering me like unpenetrating shield. I am from a small town where girls do not have much liberty. They are still packed in home, got married at the age of 16 and where people start staring at them as soon as they get 14. When girls of my age started wearing salwaar suit, she let me wore skirt and jeans. It was not fashion, not at all. It was faith, faith in a girl, in a daughter that she has right to wear what she wishes without caring what people will say. One thing she never compromised was my studies. And I am happy I never let her down.

When all my friends became expert in cooking and household work, I was so naive even to make tea. Mom never allowed me to enter kitchen except taking food from there. I remember even in high fever she didnt allow me to enter kitchen to cook something. When I faught that I ll cook you take rest, she frowned "you are not so mature to cook anything".

WHAT !!!, C'on I am 16 year old mom. I thought but dare not to say, I know it ll hurt her. So I claimed "you are sick, just one day, it wont hurt my studies".

"No, this work is not for you. You go and slove maths".

"I just solved all problems". I explained.

"Then go and play, watch movies, but no work", after all she is my Mom, she knows how to shut me up. Being emmotional person, I too dare not poke her so much that she ll say something which ll hurt my heart.

I surrendered, "okay, you cook". I used to and still I do appreciate her labour in cooking and cleaning. I worked harder and harder in solving maths, physics and chemistry to meet her efforts. She was pleased to see my efforts. With every maths problem I solved, I could see a winning smile on her face, and for that smile I could spend 100 more hours in solving numerical.

One day to appreciate her hardwork, I told her "Mom you really work hard and you are so good at cooking, I could never be like you. I could never cook like you in my whole life". She said " if you can solve maths numerical, you can do anything". I could see enormous faith in her eyes on whatever she said.


Total Hits

6 comments:

  1. yes, your husband loves everything about you.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree... coz of his faith I am writing this blog :) ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhemm aheem ! that was extremely cute ;) ....
    beyond all the teasing really a very emotional one neha !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice post, Neha. I got reminded of my Mom's sleepless nights to make sure that I completed my studies and revision during exams in school days. It was she who made me top school for many years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. all moms are same ... loving and caring...

    ReplyDelete